Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanted to give it a shot and see how i feel about since i have never tried it. was thinking about bringing my father along to have some bonding time. can anyone suggest a place/school where you can go for a day and give a go at it?
btw a facility where they provide the vehicles

thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts
yup, just keep all your fluids nice and the car will be fine(enough)... you're gonna tear up tires, but oh well

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just feel bad tearing up the car. i bought it new in '03 doesnt even have 28k yet, never seen the elements. would feel bad tearing up the torque boxes, wheels tires, chips on the hood. i need a place that already has the cars, ya know

·
Registered
574 Posts
I agree with the MCSCC plug, I run there (when the car's together) and NASA, both good in their own ways. MCSCC is alot cheaper but you don't get nearly as much track time. They do have a good school and that is inexpensive as well, tons of great people, my father and I have bonded through there too, he runs a Z06 Vette, I've got my Mustang.

You will need your own car. A decent set of brakes and tires is all that's necessary and your car should stay in one piece (especially if it's stock). I've run my car well modified in several classes and my torque boxes are fine. I have no chips on the hood (though there are some black marks from tire rubber on the side of the car) you can add some racer's tape to the front clip, headlights, sides, etc and keep the rubber off the paint. The wheels also won't be abused unless you go off track or something like that, they will get brake dust on them.

Also, if you only want to do parking lot autocross, several of the clubs in MCSCC run those on their own too, I belong to Salt Creek Sports Car Club, they have several venues in the Chicago area.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I live up north by Aurora/Joliet... but race with the CCSCC (champaign county sportscar club) www.ccsportscarclub.org

check them out and go to an event... the people are fantastic and love to help new drivers grow...

I drive a Black SN95 and I love the autocross action...

Check it out

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well guys im gonna find one of these events that doesnt conflict with my schedule and bring the M3 out and see how we both do. thanks for the help, anyother help is appreciated

·
Registered
568 Posts
I live up north by Aurora/Joliet... but race with the CCSCC (champaign county sportscar club) www.ccsportscarclub.org

check them out and go to an event... the people are fantastic and love to help new drivers grow...

I drive a Black SN95 and I love the autocross action...

Check it out

Just wondering. How come you choose that club over SCCA when SCCA runs at RT66 for most events?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts