Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got 02 mustang gt with on 3 performance turbo kit . Master power T70 turbo at 8.5-9 psi .

Here my suspension
Upr k-memeber kit with coil over 14-175 springs up front and KYB ADJ struts (1-4) setting, and at track I put 1 the softest
Back BBK LCA , upr rear coilover 10-150# springs with lakewood 50/50 shocks.
I use stock gt rims for drag racing and got M/T Street Drag Radial at 16 psi. ( Not much thread left )

With stock suspension I used to run 1.81 60' with N/A 297rwhp and now with about 430rwqh I cannot do #### even with suspension. I need your help

I went to the track twice after I got my turbo up and running but best to date is 12.4 at 113mph and 1.85 60'.

I know my 3.73 gear are hurting me and going to get 3.27 gear asap funds get available. Going to also get WOT BOX asap funds available to help with 2 step and no lift feature as every time I shift I need to make boost back up. No lift feature will keep full boost when I shift .

Any suggestion to get me in 11 high sec please do so. Thanks in adavance

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/lovetorace

·
Registered
217 Posts
with what you have you should be high 11's just the way you are..you need to practice your launching..its not gonna launch the same as it did n/a...

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
6,975 Posts
Is it a stick or auto? If its a stick, lose the drag radials and put a full slick under it. At the power levels you are making, a 3.27 is a step in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Is it a stick or auto? If its a stick, lose the drag radials and put a full slick under it. At the power levels you are making, a 3.27 is a step in the wrong direction.
Cannot use all slicks at our track as friday night race, is for like street car and not all out race cars. Stupid rules but have to follow in order to race. Yes my car is 5 speed and 3.27 is best gear for turbo car that I have read and heard. Makes turbo spool little faster and can be in boost little longer . with 3.73 and turbo my boost time is gone in few second.

·
Registered
799 Posts
If you can't run slicks, you could still use a DOT bias-ply tire such as a Hoosier QTP or ET Street. Both are much better on a stick car than the drag radials. I run drag radials on my car and I was struggling to get out of the 1.75-1.80 60ft. range so I swapped to a friend's 26x10 ET Drags and by my second launch with them I was cutting effortless 1.62-1.64 60fts. and still bogging the car a bit. But if you do plan to stick with the drag radials, try lowering the pressure a tiny bit to around 14psi and just work on slipping the clutch quickly while applying throttle. They will work decently, but in my experience, never quite as good as the bias-ply tires.

·
Banned
6,975 Posts
Cannot use all slicks at out track as friday night race is for like street car and not all out race cars. Stupid rules but have to follow in order to race. Yes my car is 5 speed and 3.27 is best gear for turbo car that I have read and heard. Makes turbo spool little faster and can be in boost little longer . with 3.73 and turbo my boost time is gone in few second.
All the turbo guys I know running 3.27s are running much faster than what you run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts