Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a c4 trans with a BTE reverse manual valve body can a trans brake be added to my valve body or do I have to buy a new valve body . If it can be added to my valve body what kit do you guys recommend a link would be very helpfull .

Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
pretty sure you have to change the whole valve body....im probably gonna run a redneck racing trans brake

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I had to change my whole valve body, really simple to do, but the new valve body was around $500 I think, I went the the performace automatic one. Its great, real hard on the tranny though. My tranny ends up at the shop once a year for new clutch plates

·
Registered
305 Posts
i put a redneck brake in the c4 that i had it worked great, that was a few years ago and they have improved them since then. i never had any complaints with it, it is the complete valve body and comes with detailed instructions.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Do you have to pull the transmission out of the car to put in the transbrake or just pull the valve body out the bottom and put the new one in?

·
Registered
17,637 Posts
the trans should have a fresh set of clutch discs / plates and the end play of mainshaft be checked also... no way to get it apart this far without removal from car.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the trans should have a fresh set of clutch discs / plates and the end play of mainshaft be checked also... no way to get it apart this far without removal from car.
The trans is new only has about 500 miles on it . But I was thinking of updating to the transbrake if my valve body could still be used but its not looking that way .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts