Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been talking with Miguel over at VRS exhaust about a set of 3" tailpipes for my '92 coupe. I mentioned the pros/cons of the Flowmaster tailpipe design and was told if I could get a group buy of at least 10 sets they would make them. So essentially they will be a full 3" mandrel bent tailpipe with the needed clearance for larger tires but with the hideous weld hidden from sight. I'm new to this "group buy" thing so I'm not sure how this all works but if any of you can enlighten me that would be great. Anyone interested?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are exactly the "pros/cons" of the flowmaster design?
Well a lot of people including myself do not like the weld on the tip which isn't back behind the tire like a typical 2.5" LX tailpipe, it just looks unfinished IMO. The pros are the way they are routed under the corners of the fuel tank to allow for larger tires.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what's the price gonna be? i run bassani, but don't have the room the flowmaster style offers.
I was quoted $260 + $25 shipping but that may change the more orders we can get. So basically the same as Flowmaster but these will be completely stainless.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't provide pics because they will be custom made. They will be virtually identical to the 3" flowmaster tailpipes but the polished portion will extended underneath the car like a typical 2.5" pipe so it will look MUCH cleaner without the ugly weld in plain site. If you guys have any questions I'm sure Miguel at VRS can help out.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What tips are gonna be on these. flowmaster?
None of the Flowmaster parts will be used. They'll replicate the design of the Flowmaster but will be made using VRS exhaust's own material as well as being completely stainless.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Do you know what tips are going to used. Im pretty sure ill be in i need to run a 3 to the for a 347 im building.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you know what tips are going to used. Im pretty sure ill be in i need to run a 3 to the for a 347 im building.
I need to talk with Miguel again but we're shooting for a polished, angle cut tip just like a traditional LX pipe.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If anyone wants to confirm any of this or talk about placing orders you can contact VRS Exhaust and reference my name, Dominic. Here's their email, [email protected]

·
Registered
594 Posts
Any build dates on this. Not that i need it right away just wondering when i should have the money by.

1 - 20 of 368 Posts