Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a mustang and ford forum. but I don't see why it should support ls based builds. So I say we should vote to remove them. Let alone why all the chevy guys put a sbc in a 32 ford. Just gay.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I know this is a mustang and ford forum. but I don't see why it should support ls based builds. So I say we should vote to remove them. Let alone why all the chevy guys put a sbc in a 32 ford. Just gay.
Plus kick out people who infer that a Ford is inferior to a Chevy.

Ford could have spent millions to upgrade the SBF and use aluminum blocks, titanium rods, and variable valve timing. They could have actually developed the Cleveland head, which basically powers all NASCAR engines. But Ford didn't do any of that, and we have bigger than SBF OHC engines now. It's about apples and oranges, but I still prefer to use the proper engine manufacturer engine in any car.

If cars were as cheap as about 20 years ago and I was rich, I'd build a 70's Corvette with an EFI SBF stroker to play with at the track, just to piss off the biased Chevy people. I am not prejudiced, but I do have a bias against people who are biased for dumb reasons(like people say, "because everyone knows blah blah blah.")

Have fun with this, but I'd leave it alone and let good examples stand up for the SBF.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
I had to run a Fox with a big block Chev with 300 horse of nitrous in the final last week.

I moved myself voluntarily from true street (which I fit) to middleweight so the race would be closer.

Middle weight was anything you want to run as long as it was back-half only and 28/29 tires. Heavy weight was full chassis car.

So got my 3210 pound 8.2 deck Ford with quiet mufflers and full interior, on tires that fit inside the factory wheel wells, in among "race cars" with fire shooting out of fender exits. LOL

I gapped every one of them, and my data log shows I was full throttle for 2 seconds against the big block Chev power stang in the final, then 30-60% throttle the rest of the way.

I told the Chev Stang driver I was sorry he made a mistake that cost him the race. He said "I din't make no mistake".

I said, "You sure did. You put a chevy motor in your Mustang." We all had a good laugh about it, and then they changed the rules. Now I have to run my street car with quiet mufflers in unlimited class against full chassis cars, because all the Chevy-stangs are all butt hurt by a 302 deck height Ford with mufflers.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Excellent Tom, smoke a Chevy and they get mad.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
love when a street looking car beats a drag car at its own game Tom. good job.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
hey we can become like the 4 eyed forum and kick everybody out who even thinks about modding one of the 4 eye cars. Unfortunately forums have been slowly dying out with Face book being what everybody is on. Which I do not like as its so hard to find a good group. Most of the Mustang guys with LS based cars are on LS1 tech as they have a whole bunch of conversions and hybrids there. To me it's just Hot Rodding, whether it's a Honda, Camaro, Mustang or even the lowly Dodge. we need to keep the sport growing as the next generation seems to be too buried in their xboxes.

Reactions: TxFireman1972

·
Registered
92 Posts
Damn those defective mouses and keyboards...making people go out of their way to click on things they don't like and then talk about it.
I feel really guilty that I didn't get the support of wywindsor before I decided to spend my own money on my build.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I honestly do not understand why everyone gets so bent out of shape over this. Big deal somebody put a LS motor in THEIR car. I mean honestly do you stay up late at night worrying about it?? lol who cares

FYI nobody would care if this section was removed....its not like everyone is running to corral to learn about ls swaps

Reactions: Steven32 and TomR

·
Registered
104 Posts
only reason I went LS was because my 302 came with 2 bolt mains, and to achieve my goal hp/et I needed AM block/internals/heads etc... I spent 1/2 the price I would of on a BARE dart block on a complete running 6.0 with trans that comes with aluminum heads, just my .02

·
Registered
92 Posts
only reason I went LS was because my 302 came with 2 bolt mains, and to achieve my goal hp/et I needed AM block/internals/heads etc... I spent 1/2 the price I would of on a BARE dart block on a complete running 6.0 with trans that comes with aluminum heads, just my .02
Bingo

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I also think as we see more 5.0 coyote's at the yard we will see more of them being swapped. A much better platform then the old 302. I've already seen a few and they do look good.

·
Registered
669 Posts
It's their car, they can build it their way. Did you give them any money to help fund the build ?

A lot of people have put the 9" in many different makes for decades.
People put sbc in old 20-40's fords for years and still doing it. Where's all the complaints about that ?
Is it ok for for someone to put a powerglide in a ford ?
A few are putting import motors in fords, You didn't mention that.

We all have things in this world we don't like or feel is sacrilegious. Would you like someone to tell you that you can no longer post on here because of how you built your car ?

This whole Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge crap is getting old and stupid. All it does is show that persons level of stupidity.

The whole part of hot rodding is to build what YOU want and enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.