Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm afraid I already know the answer but can someone tell me if it is normal for a vortech v2 to make this noise when rotated by hand and if not, thoughts on what it might be? Video below. Thanks.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got this unit with the understanding that it needed to be rebuilt so I took it apart a couple weeks ago and one of the output shaft bearings just fell apart. So I replaced that thinking/hoping that would solve the issue but no such luck. Guess I'll take it apart again and look around some more.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
They really are pretty simple to rebuild. The last one I did was a V2 got the bearing and seal kit from supercharger rebuilds.com. You will need access to a small press, I used a simple cheap one from Harbor Freight.
Can't seem to find the link I used for reference but if I do I will post it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They really are pretty simple to rebuild. The last one I did was a V2 got the bearing and seal kit from supercharger rebuilds.com. You will need access to a small press, I used a simple cheap one from Harbor Freight.
Can't seem to find the link I used for reference but if I do I will post it.
Yeah that's where I bought the output shaft bearing that I replaced already. I wish they sold just the input shaft bearings outside of the kit because I don't think I need the seals, oring and what not. I also have a press from harbor freight that seems to work for most automotive needs.

These are the instructions I used but I'm pretty familiar with it now since I've taken it apart once already.

http://www.starrland.com/Supercharger rebuild instructions 2-22-08.pdf

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Yeah that's where I bought the output shaft bearing that I replaced already. I wish they sold just the input shaft bearings outside of the kit because I don't think I need the seals, oring and what not. I also have a press from harbor freight that seems to work for most automotive needs.

These are the instructions I used but I'm pretty familiar with it now since I've taken it apart once already.

http://www.starrland.com/Supercharger rebuild instructions 2-22-08.pdf
That's the link I used great info! I'm pretty sure the link gives you part numbers for just the bearings so you can purchase them without buying the whole kit.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Bearings have a MFR and p/n stamped on them. Search for the bearing p/n to make sure you get the proper quality one.

ks

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts