Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums as well as new to the whole power adder scene. I'll give a quick rundown of my situation and get to the specific question. So as of right now I have a stock 5.0 in my LX and plan on building the engine/car as time progresses. I found a great deal on a Vortech V2 kit (private seller), but it did not include a FMU or the air box (Which I'm not worried about. Everything else was included and I do have the installation manual.)

So my question is, the bypass valve (standard valve) has a little flared tube on the bottom for a vacuum line to run off of and into a tee for the FMU vacuum/pressure line. But since I do not have a FMU nor do I have an interest of running an FMU, where do I route this vacuum line to, specifically? Will I tee into a vacuum line off of the manifold? I feel kinda left hanging since I can't seem to find the information I need.

Any input and direction is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Just run a dedicated vac line from the manifold to the bypass valve.... I would not mess with the T fitting unless you plan on needing another vac source down the road.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks for the input! Very much appreciated! I'll keep that in mind about the T fitting as well!

·
Registered
999 Posts
vacuum is vacuum. I usually choose what are the most important things to me to get direct dedicated line, but honestly its really a non issue for most things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts