Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
My v-1 t trim screamed! And I loved it. However, it is nothing in comparison to the ProCharger F1C I’m running now. That is loud! Between the blower itself and the BOV. I love it

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a v3 and it been a great blower, but for a car I only drive for fun I wish it were louder. If your looking for a self contained Vortech that’s louder checkout the v3 heritage line. I haven’t heard one in person but they claimed m to use the older gearset.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am buying a car that has a V-3 S-Trim and I heard it today and it’s quiet compared to the V-1

·
Registered
270 Posts
My v2 si is definitely noticable. The air venting instead of recirculating is almost as loud though.

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
V1 uses straight cut gears and V3 uses helical gears. V1 will always be louder at idle than a V3. However, Vortech now makes and sells straight cut gear sets that can be used in a V3 for an "old school" sound

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Nothing beats the sound of a V-1.......on someone else's car.
^^^^ I like this! :D

Here's a video of my '95 with aV2SQ (same as the standard v3, just not self-contained.) You hear the bypass whistling more than the blower gears, and when that goes away, it's hard to tell the blower is there. (I like stealth.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T6jxJhzRI8\

1 - 11 of 11 Posts