Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(In reference to 4.6L SOHC)

Hello all,

There are countless threads out there floating around regarding the kit from Vortech with the stainless steel fittings & hose upgrades. I see many people get this, particularly because of the problems frequently encountered with the soft brass stock fittings.

Like many others, I stripped my oil feed fitting and have ordered the SS replacement kit. What I'd like to know is, is it possible to replace the brass fittings and install the new SS fittings with the supercharger still installed on the car? Notably the feed fitting going into the supercharger. I can't for the life of me find a write-up or instructions on what tools to use, etc.

With Vortech's recommended inspection of the small filter in the fitting every oil change and the popularity of this kit, I figured it may be doable, but the location of the fitting seems way too tight to do anything while the blower is installed.

If anyone has experience with this, please let me know. I'd much rather handle this myself than take the car to a shop, especially since that would require a tow. Yeah, she's a garage queen, so what!

Anyway, thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts