Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a V1 on my fox, and followed the directions perfect, cut the hose where I need to but the hose diameter is too small. Measures 1 1/4", but the coolant pipe is 1 1/2". I bought another hose from the parts store and same thing. The hose is 1 1/2" only at the 90 degree portion at the thermostat and immediately necks down to 1 1/4" for the entire rest of the hose. I tried to shove the pipe inside the hose and it's just real tight. I know someone has been through this before. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
249 Posts
if i remember correctly you just use the ends of the stock hose right? i think thats what i did. some heat to make it pliable like from a pocket torch and some lube on the pipe(hehehehe) and you should be able to force it in. (thats what she said)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's what I'll try next. I know it looks like there would be no issue but I think the repo hoses are smaller than the original motorcraft ones? I just wanted to make sure nobody was using a hose from a certain year or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts