Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys picked up a stock 90 coupe and decided to slap a vortech Sc trim I have sitting around on it. Boost should be around 8lbs and the car will be stock other than full exhaust, smog delete, AC delete and electric fan. Ofcourse fuel pump and injector upgrade. This is also an Aod car as well. Anyone used a Sc trim on a stock auto 302 and have numbers or opinions if uve used this setup? Goal is a mild 300whp

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
Shouldn't B a prob w/300. Stock Sc trim w/ prob produce appx 6+ boost which should = appx 80hp IMO....have done gobs of them...The Sc trim is tantamount to the old "A Trim" which would produce appx 80 hp in stock trim....

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Less losses, you will have about 50% airflow increase which is about 50% more power.

The engine will handle that, but you better be sure the tune is correct. You do not want to add that much more air without matching the fuel and pulling some timing out

·
Registered
399 Posts
A friend with a stock 140,000 mile 94 Gt made 290/360 on 5.5 psi and 12* of timing. That was with a V3 Si. You should have no problem hitting 300whp with 8-10psi.

·
Registered
268 Posts
For now fuel will be increased to 40psi and timing will remain stock for now
Had a similar set-up on my car and it ended up making 12# of boost and 370hp. I had a 255lph fuel pump, 42lb injectors and custom tune with 19 degrees of timing and it still blew head gasket on chassis dyno.

That motor won't last a week with 30-36 degrees of timing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts