Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a mustang fox with a v3 si.
I have the vortech mondo mounted on a vortech discharge tube.
My question is how have you guys connected your bpv to the air intake. I'm using an Anderson air intake.
I know Anderson sells a bypass mondo kit for this but it is mucho money.

Anyone have opinions or pics of their setup.
I will get pics later today of exactly what my problem is.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
what type of inlet tube are you running? if its steel,you would need to cut about a 1"-1.5" hole in it,and weld a nipple,or short piece of tubing to it

take the mondo bypass and mount it with the discharge from the bypass pointing towards the inlet tube

then attach the two with a hose,i think what Anderson uses, is section's of a radiator hose

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that was my plan. Now that I have everything locked up my issue is the tube would have to be in the rubber elbow that connects the Anderson to the charger.

My three ideas are.
1. Find a 4" elbow with some type of plastic bung on it
2. Cut a round hole in the rubber elbow install pipe and epoxy (ugly)
3. Possibly weld tube on the very end of the tube and cut the elbow around it. The only reason I don't like this is because it would have to angle towards the maf.

Here are some pics.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
My three ideas are.
1. Find a 4" elbow with some type of plastic bung on it
2. Cut a round hole in the rubber elbow install pipe and epoxy (ugly)
3. Possibly weld tube on the very end of the tube and cut the elbow around it. The only reason I don't like this is because it would have to angle towards the maf.

gotcha, i see what you are talking about.. what Billy has seems to be a good setup if it will attach to the powerpipe after the elbow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts