Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are adapters for the Maxflow with pipe already welded to the adapter? Mine will have to be piped with hose because of space constraints. They sell the steel adapter (8D004-051) but it requires a 1.5" pipe to be welded on, would much rather purchase one pre-fabbed. Anyone know if the Greddy type-s flanges fit? They're all over ebay and very cheap.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the life of me I can't find a purchase history for it but I believe this is the one I purchased because it showed a dimension for the mounting bolts. Just use some calipers or a tape measure to verify these and you'll be fine. I still can't believe Vortech doesn't sell these, I would've paid 2x this just knowing it fit with no issues.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38mm-1-5-Blow-Off-Flange-Fits-Greddy-BOV-Tuning-Blow-Off-Valve-Bypass-Valve-JDM/183660810322?hash=item2ac3099052:g:YZIAAOSwCN5c5fm~

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
For the life of me I can't find a purchase history for it but I believe this is the one I purchased because it showed a dimension for the mounting bolts. Just use some calipers or a tape measure to verify these and you'll be fine. I still can't believe Vortech doesn't sell these, I would've paid 2x this just knowing it fit with no issues.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38mm-1-5-Blow-Off-Flange-Fits-Greddy-BOV-Tuning-Blow-Off-Valve-Bypass-Valve-JDM/183660810322?hash=item2ac3099052:g:YZIAAOSwCN5c5fm~
awesome thank you! Do you have pics of this welded on, the bypass installed, and plumbing?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Attached are some pics. It's hard to see the Greddy adapter on the bottom of the BOV but I promise it's there. That's plumbed back to a fitting in the red intake tube.
So it looks like you didn't weld on that greddy adapter, but rather used it to plumb the hose to the BPV. And it's plumbed to the underside of the red silicone elbow... What kind of adapter did you use here to make that connection?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I just bolted the greddy to the BOV then ran a hose from here to the intake. I used 1.75" hose from Intercooler Pipe Fabrication and their 1.75" silicone joiners. I did a 90 directly out of the BOV and on the opposite end to the intake tube. The adapter in the intake hose is a 1.5" threaded bulkhead. It's not permanent but us 94-95 guys don't have many good options unless you want to bend over for the AFM pieces or swap to a 87-93 intake setup.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
No, I just bolted the greddy to the BOV then ran a hose from here to the intake. I used 1.75" hose from Intercooler Pipe Fabrication and their 1.75" silicone joiners. I did a 90 directly out of the BOV and on the opposite end to the intake tube. The adapter in the intake hose is a 1.5" threaded bulkhead. It's not permanent but us 94-95 guys don't have many good options unless you want to bend over for the AFM pieces or swap to a 87-93 intake setup.

Gotcha. I'm still debating the path I want to take. I see Vortech sells a discharge pipe with a flange already welded to it for the race or mondo valves, but the pipe itself is like $230 (wtf). They also sell with their S.H.O. kits with an aluminum intake elbow with a bung welded on it. But that's another $80 (also looks like it might be a legacy part). I will probably have this greddy flange with 1.5" spacer welded onto my existing discharge pipe and another 1.75" bung welded onto my power pipe and connect the two with 1.75" silicon hose.

Originally, thinking it would work, I drilled and tapped two holes and bolted my race bypass to the underside of the discharged pipe I have now (the vortech one that has a threaded hole for plastic straight barb connector). Vortech actually recommended this as this discharge pipe already has a diamond flat spot at this area. Vortech said that drilling and tapping holes is basically all they do on their other discharge pipes, but if you take a look at all their pictures, the other discharge pipes move the BPV flange to the elbow (nearest the throttle body). So, I mounted the BPV and it only fits with the outlet pointing towards the engine. It hits the shock tower the other way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts