Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to have a Vortech installed on my 00 Gt (no intercooler) and would like info/tips on doing it right the 1st time. Do I need larger throttle body/MAF? Should the stock pipes go? Will the chip Vortech mails me work best? Where should I set the Steeda TAJ? Underdrive pulleys OK to leave on? While you are here...anybody know who sells chrome valve covers for 00 Gt?

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Hey there,

When I did my install on my 99GT.. I used Ken Davis's site and pics of his install as a guideline.

check it out at: http://home.earthlink.net/~yella99gt/index.htm

You will be fine with the stock TB, and MAF , and Vortech tune initially. You should get the car dyno'ed if you can afterwards and have them weld in bungs for wide band O2 sensors to check your A/F ratios to make sure things are safe. WHen you want to up your horsepower later on, get a custom dyno tune or mail order chip and then upgrade your TB, MAF, and injectors. Just make sure that you have the fuel system upgraded! If your blower didn't come with a Walbro 255lph pump to install..get one...

Good luck!

SOHC
99 Vortech GT
02 Subaru WRX

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Hey..

I forgot to add... DITCH THE STEEDA Timing Adjuster! You DO NOT want to mess with timing on a supercharged motor unless you want to risk detonation and going BOOM! The timing can be changed in the chip...and in a chip when or/if you get a custom tuned chip.

Later!

SOHC

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GIMME MORE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts