Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the vortech ti foxbody kit either the tuner 140 kit which only has single plate and 8 rib setup vs the anderson ford kit where it comes with dual plate and 10 rib setup. What do you think, already planning to go with contour fan to make it fit unless there are other issues what are your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Are you asking about the mounting brackets? If so, I recommend the dual “Renegade” bracket, or that’s what I know it as. I switched to one on an older setup. Very happy I did. Besides being a beefy piece, it had two main benefits I liked. First, a 10 rib pulley will help reduce belt slip. Second, and most important for me, was the tensioner set up. It gets rid of the basic spring tensioner pulley and replaces it with a tensioner that is built into the bracket. This makes keeping the belt at a perfect tension and is a #### ton easier to deal with. That alone is a reason to go with the 2 plate bracket.

·
Registered
242 Posts
the dual plate is best the stock 3/8 plate just sucks with flex higher boost level belt-tightening, it far superior with tensioner plus if get tired of belt stretch you can go to cog drive. it got a higher price but do it once and be done. i went through it all from stock plate to a custom 1/2 inch plate, to dual renegade, although i didn't buy my dual plate from vortech I custom made my own patterned after it with my own mods.

you won't reget the extra cash or performance of dual plate setup and no blower flex .

contour fan or mark viii fan is key.

you might have to angle bottom the rad a little into rad on the bottom not hard to clear the pulley setup it all depends if you have tubular k-member. that engine is set back inch.

also you need to get cobra water pump pulley for clearance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts