Ford Mustang Forums banner

Vortech 351w getting ready to dyno tune

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Duanesz 
#1 ·
Vortech 351w getting ready to dyno tune/Numbers inside

Hey guys I just finished the install of a vortech S trim on my 351w. It has the bigger pulley ( 3.6 I think it is ) and the previous owner said it made about 8lbs on his setup. Mine is a stock bore 351w, DSS forged pistons, Ed Curtis cam, out of the box Twisted wedge 170's with 61cc chambers and upgraded springs from Ed, Box R Intake, Anderson power pipe, 42# injectors and matching Pro-M meter, 70mm throttle body, Aeromotive Stealth 340LPH fuel pump. Also has basic BBK 351w swap headers, H pipe and flowmasters. Also installed a Snow Methanol injection kit just to be safe and I've heard there are good gains to be had by the kit. Pretty basic combo. I have never had a dyno tune-is there anything I should do to the car before taking it in? I plan on a tune up with new plugs and wires, etc beforehand. I am currently running an Anderson PMS but the tuner recommends burning a chip so I will be taking that off. Car is running an AOD with silverfox manual valve body and a PTC 3500 non lockup converter. I did several changes this winter and haven't driven it pending the tune. Haven't even taken it down the road since the valve body or supercharger! Also any guesses on what power I might expect out of this? A little nervous for my first time at a dyno! I believe they use SCT chips and a Dynapack Dyno. Thanks!

#2 ·
Wise choice on running meth. I picked up over 80whp said and done with my meth setup. Pretty considerable.
My suggestion is to swap out those injectors. No sense in having all these big boy parts and going small on injectors. With the right fuel, there should be no reason that car doesnt make atleast 600whp with a smaller pulley.

#3 ·
I would love to swap pulleys and injectors before dyno day but I don't think I'm gonna be able to! My motor is around 10 to 1 compression so I'd like to see at least 500HP out of the setup. Then buy injectors and smaller pulley and go back after that to crank it up.

#8 ·
I just had my 347 dynoed with a vortech I have stock lines and rails with a 225 intank and a trex, I lost fuel pressure bad at 5300 rpm. The car was making 450 hp at that point. I was gunna do a fuel system and get back there again. You also have the meth injection that will help a lot that 574 ft/lbs is pretty damn good

#11 ·
For sure mine was almost square 611/582. I remember on street tires about 70 roll once the boost hit about 5psi it would just haze the tires. It was fun but dangerous. On drag radials it was a lot more fun still would spin easy just not blowing the tires off. 4 more psi will net another 80-100 hp.

#10 ·
I had 351w s-trim 12psi tw170 heads on e85 it made 611rwhp. You will need more injector for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.