Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Formerly MustangSandi
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting together a mild 331 project, and will be adding a single T4. I am only wanting to run about 8 psi of boost, and I have a new Volvo intercooler here from an abandoned 2.3 turbo project. Question is, for my low boost application, is it feasible to run this intercooler? I know a good FMIC would be best, but this is a budget build, and low power (~400hp) build. Has anyone ever done it?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
You would need a few of those cores welded together...and even then it wouldn't compare to a cheap $100 china-bay bar and plate intercooler.

At only 8 psi of boost, you won't need an intercooler at all. I would however still run one, as it is FAR easier to plumb one in while you are doing the initial build than trying rig one in later.

·
Formerly MustangSandi
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, and NOT running an intercooler at all was my initial thought, but would the Volvo intercooler by itself be better than NONE at all?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Thanks, and NOT running an intercooler at all was my initial thought, but would the Volvo intercooler by itself be better than NONE at all?
No, the restriction would be too great.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Just buy yourself a cheap eBay one and call it a day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts