Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The only negative thing I’ve heard is that it may not be the best for like auto cross. Something about the rapid change in direction. However the individual who made the video that stated that said t would be perfectly fine for a daily driver/street car. Also in videos they seem super loud since there is usually no variable voltage to control pressure like the newer cars.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Smart!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The only negative thing I’ve heard is that it may not be the best for like auto cross. Something about the rapid change in direction. However the individual who made the video that stated that said t would be perfectly fine for a daily driver/street car. Also in videos they seem super loud since there is usually no variable voltage to control pressure like the newer cars.
I can verify that turning force does increase if you're rapidly changing directions. This car isn't an autocross or drift car, so it's not an issue for me. In the video I have, the pump does seem loud, standing next to the car, it really isn't loud at all. With the engine running it's inaudible.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
An excellent write-up, and I'll likely be doing something similar with an upcoming Coyote swap, but I'm fairly certain one detail is wrong:
03-08 Volvo S60 electric power steering pump. These can fairly easily be found at local pick and pull salvage yards or purchased online.
Those S60s have a conventional belt-driven PS pump. Just this weekend I removed a PS reservoir from 2 different mid-'00s S60s in the u-pull-it yard, and the pump is mounted on the engine on those. That is confirmed by good ol' Rock Auto's parts database.

According to Rock Auto,the vehicles you want are:
'06-08 C70
'05-09 S40
'05-09 V50

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
An excellent write-up, and I'll likely be doing something similar with an upcoming Coyote swap, but I'm fairly certain one detail is wrong:

Those S60s have a conventional belt-driven PS pump. Just this weekend I removed a PS reservoir from 2 different mid-'00s S60s in the u-pull-it yard, and the pump is mounted on the engine on those. That is confirmed by good ol' Rock Auto's parts database.

According to Rock Auto,the vehicles you want are:
'06-08 C70
'05-09 S40
'05-09 V50
Yup, good catch. I think my fat fingers are to blame. I'll have to go change it in all the places I posted. Thanks.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts