Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Im going to be honest. Ive never been in a GT500 but i just cant fathom them to be good at cornering. 1. heaviest mustang ever built. 2. huge heavy motor that sits very high in the engine bay.

Iam i missing something ? or am i completly off with my opinion on these gt500s?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im going to be honest. Ive never been in a GT500 but i just cant fathom them to be good at cornering. 1. heaviest mustang ever built. 2. huge heavy motor that sits very high in the engine bay.

Iam i missing something ? or am i completly off with my opinion on these gt500s?
LoL...It can be done. Lot's of mods though, including a BIG INTERCOOLER and Race Rubber. That said, a BOSS 302 is a much better starting canvas for an all-out Road Course Mustang build.

This car also runs these Brakes.

·
Super Moderator
27,651 Posts
You're making it fly, but is it just me, or does it push like a mother at her first childbirth?

·
Super Moderator
27,651 Posts
LoL!

All these BOATS push. LOL

Running a 265 now but those are shot now and going to a 275 up front.
You practice a pretty abrupt turn-in too, I'm guessing to get the car to rotate. Between that and the push, have you tried stiffening the rear to make it easier to rotate and less prone to push?

·
Administrator
1,464 Posts
I'm thinking a little more trail braking might help your understeer problem. It looks like you're yanking the car so hard the weight doesn't have time to transfer to give you any grip. Also instead of using the understeer to slow you through the corner, a little less entry speed and tighter line to the apex would allow you to have more speed on corner exit.

And from a nit-picky standpoint, when you're not shifting both hands should be on the wheel. ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm thinking a little more trail braking might help your understeer problem. It looks like you're yanking the car so hard the weight doesn't have time to transfer to give you any grip. Also instead of using the understeer to slow you through the corner, a little less entry speed and tighter line to the apex would allow you to have more speed on corner exit.

And from a nit-picky standpoint, when you're not shifting both hands should be on the wheel. ;)
Think those are all good points. Thx!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts