Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the track on Saturday and I turned the boost up on my car. I race a 9.50 index class but I have always wanted to go 8 seconds so I cranked it up and went 8.95 so pretty happy about that in 90 degree weather. I usually 60 ft in the 1.35-1.30 range but it spun pretty bad. My question is I noticed at the end of the track I could feel some vibration in the car is this normal? I have Bias-ply tires and they are balanced. Should I rotate my driveshaft? Just not sure if I car should be like that it did it on both passes right at then end probably like over 145. It does not do it all until then.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
maybe the tire has rotated... are you marking them?

i'd also check the driveshaft bolts, motor mounts and re-torque the wheels

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Vibration

I checked the wheels they are 115 ft/lb on the back and 75 ft/lb on the front. I did not mark my tires I can check that to see if they have moved. I have them high tacked but could have moved. Ill check driveshaft u-bolts on the flange in the back. Could a bad U-joint cause this you think? Or would it start at a lower mph? Also I will check motor mounts tonight and I will check cross member bolts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts