Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
checking in to see if anyone has some track results. I have a set of C209's on the rear of my notch, hopefully be out to test my new combination soon and looking for a good starting point on shock settings. 600hp 408W, 2900 pounds, ~5700 stall C4, 4.10 gear, 28 x 10.5 ET drags. All team Z suspension.

compression and rebound settings needed for a good starting point.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
I am sure that the guys at Team Z could point you in the right direction, given that you run their stuff. I would shoot for being on the loose side for extension, and on the firm side for compression. Video the runs, watch in slo mo and make adjustments from there.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Team Z has provided a lot of insight on my suspension set up. They don't sell the Vikings, can't expect them to have suggestions for something they don't use.

I'm looking for real world, first hand experience. Hoping by now there are enough of these in use out at the track.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
The basic operating parameters are the same. One adjustment is for rebound and the other is for compression. How many clicks do you have for each function? You can still get a baseline for adjustment. I run AFCO double adjustable shocks, my friend runs the Viking double adjustable. Principle is the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts