Ford Mustang Forums banner

Video: My last run at TGPR

653 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  5.0Torx2 
#1 ·
Hello all, thought I'd post up video from my last track day at little Talladega. I had a blast and the car did great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxlRHp7bBCc

This is my 4th HPDE event and I feel more confident and smoother/faster everytime I go out.

Car was a NASA TTC '99 GT that I bought and then detuned to street tires so I could learn. The car has Cobra brakes and front brake ducts (no foglights). I ran all last year (3 track days) on Hawk HPS brake pads and have moved up to Hawk HP+, this track day being the first time out on the HP+s. I thought they did really well but I'm still learning. My next set may be Carbotechs, we'll see.

#2 ·
Nice video!!

Get you a set of Carbotech XP10 in front and XP8 in the rear. You'll be amazed how much deeper you can go with a set of real track pads!!!

#4 ·
Its about 20-30 minutes East of Birmingham, AL. I've heard it referred to as "little Talladega" because its not Talladega Superspeedway, although you pass big T on the way to little T lol. Little T is only about a mile long with 6 turns and clear visibility, almost 0 elevation change. Great place to sort out a new mod or something before heading off to a big track.

Nice video!!

Get you a set of Carbotech XP10 in front and XP8 in the rear. You'll be amazed how much deeper you can go with a set of real track pads!!!
Thanks! Yes I have been reading a great many good things about Carbotechs, I will most likely jump to them when I do 200 TW tires. I'm on 360 TW tires for now just to start slow and learn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.