Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went out with the local nasa region to Firebird International Raceway's West track, starting at 4AM due to the wonderful weather here in AZ (FIR West is a glorified overgrown autocross track with requisite rough pavement). Was to be testing a lemons racer (an Audi Coupe GT), but the car wasn't ready. So I took out my mustang in street trim (running stock 255w pirellis Fr/R) and decided to spend some time improving my control over the car. Here's some videos as I work through that:

Second Session, (adjusted damper settings and tire pressures, sport mode):

Third Session (adjusted driver brain, faster lines and a bit more bravado, disabled advancetrack altogether):

A reference of how hard to drive a good car with a bad setup (bad damper settings, bar settings and tire pressures, cold brain):
This video has some "interesting" locations for passes, a ton of pointby's are given out by me while I try to remove my head from my *** from a line and control standpoint, and a bit of accident avoidance. Definitely worth the watch

Bonus, what happens when you let a Spec944 Regional champ drive it (lots of throttle induced oversteer):

Some pics from the day (I was lucky, just snapped 3 pictures and went to work driving, a nice change for me ).

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
You forgot to mention the molten center caps!

Oh, and if I may make a suggestion, mount your camera a little higher, your door mirror blocks a ton of action from that angle

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why molten centercaps? Because racecar.

The wheels are Eurotek wheels ( I believe they just make the one model).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts