Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to vent about the experience I had trying to order 2 parts from March Performance. I wanted the Air box and air filter, not the whole kit. I ordered online and after a week, nothing, no email, no order confirmation, and no credit card charge. I thought maybe I goofed the card # and ordered it again. This time, I get an email(probably got one before but got put in the Junk email) saying they need to confirm fitment. At this point, I am just fed up and tell them to cancel the order, I know what parts I need and what I want. I think they just want to upsell me to their whole ram air kit which I do not need. These were NOT universal parts, they were specific to my vehicle, so why do I need to verify fitment. Its a damn box and air filter. I get an email from them today basically telling me it's my fault that the order wasn't processed because I didn't call them back. Whats the purpose of having an online store then? Just make people call you. I understand wanting to make sure your customers are getting the right product, but like I said, this is an air box and filter not heads, not a water pump or alternator. Going to send me an email blaming me for their asinine customer service.:confused:

·
Registered
25,699 Posts
I'm not seeing a problem. You placed an unusual order. They wanted to doublecheck that you were getting what you actually wanted and you didn't respond. Businesses are running on tight profit lines. That customer service that covers return shipping and incorrect orders costs money. Congrats on owning one of my dream rides though. I'd love to see pics of it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not seeing a problem. You placed an unusual order. They wanted to doublecheck that you were getting what you actually wanted and you didn't respond. Businesses are running on tight profit lines. That customer service that covers return shipping and incorrect orders costs money. Congrats on owning one of my dream rides though. I'd love to see pics of it.
Well, since they sell the parts on their site, not sure how it is an unusual order and as I said, since these parts are for a particular year(s) and model, not sure why you need to check fitment. But in any case, I thanked them for in the end, I found the 2 parts on Summit, cheaper, and free shipping. So at the end of the day, their poor customer service saved me 20 bucks. The interesting part is that from Summit they processed the order and let me know it will be shipping directly from the manufacturer, wonder what they are going to think.

20 bucks - can go have a few beers on Friday!

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
I typically check Summit before other places. Free shipping is awesome and as long as they have it in stock at the Georgia facility, I typically have it the next day or day after.

They had the Hotchkis front and rear sway bar kit for my car cheaper than other sites along with a $40 Summit bucks certificate. Ended up using that certificate for BMR lower control arms.

·
Registered
25,699 Posts
Well, since they sell the parts on their site, not sure how it is an unusual order and as I said, since these parts are for a particular year(s) and model, not sure why you need to check fitment. But in any case, I thanked them for in the end, I found the 2 parts on Summit, cheaper, and free shipping. So at the end of the day, their poor customer service saved me 20 bucks. The interesting part is that from Summit they processed the order and let me know it will be shipping directly from the manufacturer, wonder what they are going to think.

20 bucks - can go have a few beers on Friday!
Probably saved them some money with order processing as well. Win/Win.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts