Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to see how sopme of you guys run your vented systems on your valve covers. i still run my battery in the engine bay any every one i see on a fox has the catch can where the battery use to be. im going to be running a b and g hot side so there will be no room on the passinger side to mount my catch can. all so all the catch cans i find have 3/8 npt female fittings and i am tring to run
-10 an push on hose but cant seem to find a fitting that will alow me to do that from the catch.

my catch can i want to use eaither one.
Moroso 85473 - Moroso Vacuum/Dry Sump Breather Tanks - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Allstar Performance ALL36109 - Allstar Performance Breather Tanks - Overview - SummitRacing.com

fitting i want to run off valve covers eaither or...

JEGS Performance Products 52230 JEGS Vented AN Breather Fittings
JEGS Performance Products 52231 JEGS Vented AN Breather Fittings

i already viewed these threads

http://forums.corral.net/forums/superchargers/1342546-any-vendors-sell-bolt-valve-covers-fittings-bolt-blower-turbo-cars-2.html
http://forums.corral.net/forums/superchargers/1360821-eternal-most-complicated-question-ever-again.html

·
Registered
519 Posts
There was a guy on eBay that made a really nice one with dual 3/8" fittings, I messaged him and he said they were considering making a batch with 1/2" or 3/4" but after checking his current auctions I dont even see him selling any.

Youll have to run some adapters to get -10 down to 3/8 npt as I dont think anyone makes it direct because they are quite a bit of difference size wise. (-10 is 5/8" ID)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought gates brand jic to pipe fittings at O'reilly . They are steel. So I modified stock valve covers and put the catch can under the passenger side fender. Used pushlock fittings and gates also makes an emission hose that is oil safe. Works great and looks good too.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Old.

New.
Moved.

I put them on a plate that is setting on studs so it can be pulled easy enough if I need to.

I was getting too much oil vapor fume for my liking. Mounted in the rear and problem solved.

·
Registered
448 Posts
ps I still run my battery in the bay too and I just mounted my breather tank to the drivers strut tower. It works very well for me. I don't think it looks as nice as dude with the black vert but my setup cost me $100 bucks for the fittings lines and tank with the filter and getting all the bungs welded. I will make a nicer looking car someday until then, it's function before fashion. btw that dude's build is insanely nice I strive to make something look that good and run like that someday!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts