Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone break the code for on what they are looking for on these inspections.
I have a stang with most of the off-road mods and Im moving to Va, Quantico area and dont know if Im gonna fail the inspections and be forced to take my car to get all the clean air stuff put back on

Thanks
Sean

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
If you are missing the smog.....charcoal canister, egr, cats etc. you will fail the visual and they won't even do the sniff test. Only way around it is to find a garage who is willing to "work with you."
Good garages will notice the missing things right away. I think your biggest problem is not having the cats. You can probably get away with no egr or smog pump if you get some dummy or young kid, but everybody looks for cats asap.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Pretty much....I've experienced that if you passed the visual then you can get sniff tested. Again, it all depends on the garage. You "may" get lucky and find a garage and will overlook the missing and then sniff it.
Since you are down the southern part of NOVA I would recommend stoping by Excessive Motorsport in Manassas, VA and ask them for their opinion....I understand there is a garage in the area that understands performance.

·
Registered
187 Posts
go to central virginia or south, no emissions, all they do is look for cats. If you have the shell your good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts