Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the winter, I installed a MM K-member and lower control arms. I used the "zero" offset arms, which push the wheels forward by 3/4". Already had coil-overs and CC plates.
So I've got the alignment and bump steer done to specs. The right front clears the lower spat (LX) by about 3/16" at the closest point. The LEFT front hits hard enough to deflect the spat visibly. Yes, I followed the process to square the K-member to the car.

How common is this? I know the majority of these old Foxes are not exactly "straight and square", but... that much?? Could it all be in fender location and alignment?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I installed the MM k-member and forward offset A-arms this past winter. My right from tire is around and inch closer to the front of the wheel well than the left front tire. How, I have no clue. I checked and re-checked my measurements a dozen times. It aligned perfectly afterwards. It drives just as good (better) than it ever did. I don't have any issues with rubbing though. When I first put in the K-member and saw it, I thought I'd have to put the car on a frame puller or something. Seems to be inconsequential though.

·
Registered
508 Posts
These cars are ####. The tolerances when built were huge and then add that most of these cars are 20 years old. Nothing will be perfect.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Sounds like as long as the car drives right, which mine does, it's no big deal...

·
Registered
466 Posts
I plan to install my MM K-member and "zero" offset arms within a few weeks. I'm hoping I don't have to massage my fenders too much either. I'll report back if mine appears uneven.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan to install my MM K-member and "zero" offset arms within a few weeks. I'm hoping I don't have to massage my fenders too much either. I'll report back if mine appears uneven.
Follow their instructions E X A C T L Y. I have a hoist, so I did some of the alignment work for the K, front end alignment, and bump steer while the hoist was sitting on cribbing. I used a laser to level everything. Should be good, right? NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Had to put the car on jackstands and go through everything again. It's great now. But I learned that MM knows their sh*t even better than it appears they do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts