Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are bee hive valve springs noticeably better than traditional dual spring valve springs on non competition type engines? I have a set of GT40 heads that will be going on an 302 with a B303 cam and the bee hives are like $50 more and I can't see how that's worth it for a B303 cam'd 302. It's not like the B303 has wild or aggressive lobes to control. Feels like saving the $50 bucks for use else were is the way to go.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I would not spend $50 more.

Dual valve springs on a gt40 head will require machine work on the guide boss to fit dual valve springs. If you are talking tfs springs or Alex type springs then I would get the Alex springs before I spent 50 more on beehived for what you are trying to-do.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will be be a "frugal" build. Not cheap because spending money where it makes sense and saving where it makes sense is not being cheap. So yeah, Alex's springs are on the very short list. I can do their regular drop in kit or a beehive drop in kit. the beehive kit is like $50 more.

Most of the time the engine won't see much above 4000-4500 rpm. Once in a while it will get run out to 6000. Beehives seem to be more useful at higher rpms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts