Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the location for the notches needed for a 2v with high light cams? I'm wanting to notch my pistons myself out of the block before installing.

I don't have a junk set of heads to use as a locator so I'm going to use a drill press.

I'm looking for something along the lines of measurements from center line of the piston to the top of the radius on the notch and from the edge of the piston to the center line of the radius, from there I can get close enough by over sizing the valve size cutter and depth for clearance.

Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
The only advice I can give you is put some clay on top of the piston .Than turn your engine by big ranch and the valves will make impretion so you will know the spot where to notch. I had mine done at MMR racing and payed $150 and they did it in wrong place .I called them and they gave me my money back .I end up fixing it my self by nothing it bet more.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I ended up using the pistons that were in the car to measure a rough guess. I didn't realize at the time that they'd been notched as I couldn't see it with the bore scope.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts