Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information they can share about installing a vacuum pump on your engine(boosted 5.0)?
I did some searches and have found a few people talking about installing a vacuum pump for a 96 Cobra, but many of the posts are a dead end. Meaning that people talk about it, and oh it’s a good idea, but nobody puts any results.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
we run one on the race car grated its a nitrous car... but all the turbo cars ive looked at have been the same way...

breather (in our case its a regulator) on the passanger side valve cover .
-12 line coming out of the driver side cover to an air oil seperator
then a -12 from that to the vac pump.
from the vac pump we run to 2 catch cans with breathers that hold all the oil that makes it though the seperator.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm running one on my current combo and it's staying on for my turbo kit too. It's from GZ Motorsports and is deigned for street applications. I have it in nearly the same location as the factory smog pump. I have my valve covers "T"d together (10an) and a 10an line coming off the drivers valve cover to the pump then to a catch can. I've also got an adjustable regulator in the valve cover set to 8" vacuum at 6500rpm. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
the elctric units from cobras or taurus do not have enough flow

you need a real mechanical pump like the gz units

1 - 5 of 5 Posts