Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a TFS 1 cam with a on3 kit now installed. The car is untuned but I need to get it running decent so I can take it to the exhaust shop. Timing is set at 10 degrees and fuel pressure at 38 at idle. I also have a manual boost controller hooked up to it.

What should my vacuum be now at idle? I am showing 6-7 that's it. When I had it out on the road under cruising conditions under no load the car would run 20-21 vacuum. Any info helps, thanks.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I'm running 12-14 inches of vacuum with a FTI cam and S Trim. It's possible you have a vacuum leak somewhere. I would inspect all vacuum lines first. You will always be in vaccum when not in boost.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
173 Posts
Weird you post this. Sorry to hijack thread but I put my car back together today, after HG's and my boost gauge sits at zero not instead of 6-7 at idle. Car is idling at 2k and is lean. I wonder if I have a vac leak too? It is a carbed car. Only thing I changed is I had my wastegate hooked up wrong (boost line in top not on bottom)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am pretty sure there is no vacuum leak it is running really rich though around 11.3 or so at idle but it has not been tuned yet.

·
Registered
737 Posts
What are your idle rpms. If idling low and fat can cause low vacuum at idle. Try turning idle up to 800-900

·
Registered
90 Posts
What others have said but sounds like you have an issue some where.

I have the TFS 1 cam with a turbo and at 825rpm mine pulls about 10-11" once warmed up, which I feel is about normal. Leaning out the idle will help, but I would be hesitant to say it would completely fix the problem.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts