Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 1989 Ford ranger that has a 1993 Ford thunderbird 5.0L ho v8 engine in it which has 19lb injectors a cobra jet cam and gt40p heads and max flow headers with true dual exhaust with a 1996 Ford f150 5 speed manual transmission. As for the computer I'm using a 1993 mustang gt a9l with the moates quarterhorse binary editor. So my question is you wouldn't by chance know what I'd have to do to get maf set correctly on the computer for the engine?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the 1st time I've ever attempted the conversion so I have no idea what I'm doing. How would I even do the Maf transfer

·
Registered
22,122 Posts
just buy the stock maf and airbox

teaching how to tune with that software, is not going to happen with some posts

I recom you go to efituning and eectuning, and start reading the write ups, three or for times

I also recom you get a copy of a GUFB and start reading how ford wrote the logic.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I haven't used BE enough to know it very well. Tunerpro RT works just as well and is "free". Then with tunerpro you can use the A9L2 base (which is a modified A9L bin). A9L2 addresses a lot of things that BE can as well but A9L2 is a little easier all around based on what little bit I've used of both of them. A9L2 also has mechanical idle built into it which works really well. A9L2 does NOT work with BE, though. Once you get the hang of what does what (and it WILL take a while to figure it out), you can then input your actual MAF transfer. There are other things you need to do as well with A9L2 but I think you'll like it. It's on the writeup, just google it and read a while. My biggest complaint is that the writeups are hard for me to follow but that's just my personal problem. For a noob, you'll like TPRT better than BE; particularly the dashboard and histograms. With those and some play time, you can dial it right in. TP works with your quarterhorse. Just download the tunerpro RT program from the web and read up on installing it at efidynotuning; there's a couple things you gotta look at to make sure the dashboard works among other things. One of the neat things about TP and A9L2 is that if you want to use a wideband (I use AEM), all you do is run a wire from the EGR to the output of the WBO2 controller, then choose which brand WBO2 you have, and you're done. It is slick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts