Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the biggest difference between both kits, I know SCi advertises 5-6psi and the SI advertises 8-10psi... how are they different, I thought both head units were exactly the same?. Exactly what pieces would I need if I were to start with an sci and eventually want to make more boost?

I currently have a 306 with HCI on stock block. My goal is 420-450 rwhp and as funds allow, eventually upgrade short block and be over 500rwhp. Should I just wait and pull the trigger on the SI kit or start with the less expensive sci?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don't have any experience with centrifugal superchargers - thanks!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Sci trim is a base model trim to start with that starts at 5-6lbs of boost and plastic discharge pipe with no bov used. It is good for up to 725hp at max boost i believe. Once you reach 8lbs of boost you should upgrade to an aluminum discharge pipe and bov. The Si trim is a step up and considered a high out put setup that comes with an alumnium discharge pipe and Bosch bov starting at 8lbs of boost with hp up to 775hp at max boost.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
Take a look at the Paxton Novi 1220. Its the same sci compressor but is true 8rib out of the box. I went 10.70s 128mph on a HCI 306 using the stock 6psi pullies. Its a badass little blower. In my opinion it's a great compromise between the vortech sci and SI.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I would go with the SI. It will be cheaper to pulley the supercharger bigger to reduce boost now than it will be to upgrade the unit later down the road.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'd go with SI trim. Run the stock pulleys for now and will you build a better bottom end swap the stock 6.87 crank pulley for an 8in renegade pulley

1 - 7 of 7 Posts