Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had asked a ton of questions and tried to figure the best setup for my car. 93 with stock lower end. GT40 intake SVO aluminum heads 47lb injectors with matching 92mm MAF. As I installed the the unit I kept wanting more boost so I added the bypass valve and then the UPR power pipe. When I took it to get tuned it ran strong and hard but the numbers were hard to believe. 360RWHP and only 5lbs of boost... What my belt slipping showing no signs? Its setup to make 7-9lbs of boost. I tightened the belt a little more and may again, my tuner said upgrade the pulley and you'll get couple more pounds of boost and some more HP. I would like to get some more low end power as well.. So guess what I wonder is do I upgrade the 6rib to a 3.125 and hope for 2lbs of boost or should i just wait and up grade to the 8rib set up?

I feel if I upgrade the 6rib pulley then I need a smaller belt too.

·
Registered
999 Posts
What did you expect for 5psi? Those kits are rated at that boost level for stock cars. Open up the top end and boost decreases. Personally I would do an 8rib, but if you are in a rush and money is an issue, throw a smaller pulley on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts