Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
91 coupe, 3550 trans, 373s, O/R H and Flows, I plan to install a new V3 H Si. I'm trying to find the latest info on regarding a complete kit vs a tuner kit and adding injectors, pump, MAF and tuning. Anyone add a blower to a stock car in the last few years? I recall years ago it seemed like most said 42s, 255 pump, MAF and tune. Now I see some saying go 60s or even 80s and a 340 pump. I've searched but most of the posts are older. I'm considering using the complete kit from vortech including the old school fmu, timing box etc since the car is so close to stock and will likely stay that way for some time. I wonder what advancements have come up / the difficulty of finding a competent dyno tuner in my area. (Tampa Bay)

Also, any recommendations on shops to purchase from?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I installed a paxton 1220sl to my fox. Its Not stock, h/c/I. I'm very happy with the results and the ease of install. If there's anything specific you'd like answered I'd offer my opinion.

I purchased new from latemodelrestoration.com, $2,500. Werth every penny

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
It has the fmu installed right now along with 24lb injectors. I installed a wideband at the same time and is running well. I recently bought a Anderson pms I will install this winter when I stop driving it.

This is a pretty good detailed video

Watch "How To Install Fox Body Mustang Vortech V3 Supercharger - Part 1" on YouTube

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a Vortech V1 A-trim on a stock 5.0 (stock bottom end, stock heads, stock cam)

Motor has a trick flow street heat upper/lower intake, 36lb injectors with calibrated ProM MAF.

The blower is putting out max 8psi the way its pulled right now, I am not using a FMU, not tuned, stock A9L and I do have a wideband to keep an eye on air/fuel and a MSD BTM (although with 10degrees base timing with spout out and 94 octane I don't need to pull any timing out with the btm)

Had the car out this year at the local track and so far has gone [email protected] I'm sure there is some et left with a driver mod or more seat time

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. After doing a lot of online research and talking with a few shops I ended up ordering the vortech v3 si heritage, deka siemens 60s, sct 3000, 255 walbro, and upr power pipe. I have a local shop tuning it with moates quater horse as soon as all the parts get in and I install them.

BFN861 I'm impressed at that 1/4 time for such a simple set up. Is that with DRs or street tires? Stick?

·
Registered
36 Posts
T5 with 3.55s

Had it at the track twice. First time was first time down the track in years on 17” no name street tires and went [email protected] spinning bad and wheel hopping horribly.

Second time out I installed new poly axle bushings and hotchkis upper/lower control arms which cured the wheel hop and on a small 26x8.5 slick went [email protected]

Good choice, I came across the old v1 a-trim for a great deal but if I was buying new it would be a V3 hertitage. Has that classic V1 sound that I can’t get enough of and self contained which makes the install much easier without having to tap the oil pan for a drain.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For anyone who may dig this up in the future while researching: I completed the install and tuning. All parts used are the same as mentioned above. I also ended up changing the TFI and coil out for new motorcraft parts to solve a 5500 rpm up break up. (Already had new motorcraft wires, cap and rotor and autolite 24s) I did find out the transmission is a tko not a 3550. Regardless, the car made 310 hp @ 5165 rpm and 343 tq @ 3925 rpm SAE corrected on a dynojet 224x. 324 hp standard correction but I dont recall the tq. Boost is 12 lbs or so at 6200 rpm depending on the temps. This is a 100% stock 1991 engine. Everything from the throttle body to the oil pan to the exhaust manifolds is stock. And yes it still has the stock clutch fan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts