Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly how reliable would it be to put on a V2-SQ? im talking keeping the stock pulley. getting a proper dyno tune with custom burnt chip. and doing nothign else. Will a hard Driver eventually break stuff like Intake, or fry Pistons???

·
Banned
396 Posts
as long as you limit the boost to 6 to 8 PSI and get a good chip with tuning you are ok. I have done this several times also relocate the air temp sensor to the outlet of the blower not the inlet. I would use a 80MM lighting Maff and 42 pond injectors and do not use the FMU, also use a walbro 255, let me know if I can help wit a chip. I have this prgram on file,

I just did this exact set up on a 1995 GT with heads and intake it made 425 at the wheels.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive been trying to come to a decision for months now... I really want a Blower, but cant risk the possibility to hurt something or break tranny and not have it covered under warranty.. so i dunno. i do drive hard and speed around everyday, i dont know how long my car would last if it was blown. I was alos thinking do All the bolts ons and a set of Long Tubes, then get a custom chip, and maybe then i could hang with trans am's. ya think>?

·
Banned
396 Posts
I agree with all this long tubes with a X Pipe and gears then then a blower iwith powerpipe is awsome if you can aford a air to air you are there.

Here is the last one I did and it made over 400 at the wheels. stock bottom end. S Trim 8PSI anderson ford power pipe Lighting 80MM Maff 42 pound injectors 255 intank 3:73 Basini exchaust and The best tuning around By Jerry the car is awsome. All parts were supplied by Cenral Florida Motorsports.

http://www.c-f-m.com/popup.html

·
Registered
420 Posts
Let me chime in here. First, there is NO 100% certainty that the blower will not damage your engine. I did everything I was supposed to do - I thought my tuner knew more about what the A/F should be then me-right-- well wrong. Do NOT - and asked to see the A/F readings for yourself-- again Do NOT have the A/F more than an 11.8:1- some may say its ok around 12.2:1- but 10hp is not worth it to me. Make sure the timing is not too high- the best way to tell is while your on the dyno have the tuner take another 1 degree of timing out- if you gain hp then the timing was too high- keep taking 1 degree out until you no longer gain/lose hp. Dont change the pully and run atleast 92-93 octane ALL the time- I would suggest even putting 2 gal of 100 octane per tank if you can get it. ANd a intercooler would be a nice addition if you can afford it.

Still, even if, you follow all this theres no guarantee everything will be fine- just make sure you have enough $$ for a new engine if it comes to that.

sg

·
Banned
396 Posts
I agree there is no 100% percent certainty in any thing, including life, but by using a good tuner rechecking the A/F and timing on a Dyno and driving reasonably there is no reason why it wont last. But if you go out and hammer the crap out of it, you are rolling dice and as you said just have the funds ready for a built bottom end when it lets go.

Dennis

·
Registered
8 Posts
I pondered those same questions, when I was tryin to decide. I drive my only on weekends, and it gets a few street blasts here and there. So far, so good.

·
Registered
952 Posts
seems like all the blower experts are here...i have a question.
how much hp is an x-pipe and cat back worth on a blower car?
i'm ordering a blower this week (v2-sq) and i wonder what my car will make at the wheels. i have a bassani x-pipe (cats) and bassani catback.
no headers, tho
any guesses?

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
Well I have had my blower on now for a week and about 400 miles. So far so good and the car drives just about the same as it did without the blower. This car is my everyday driver and there has only been two big differences in the car: Fuel economy went down and the horsepower sky rocketed. Like they all said get a good tune and you SHOULD be alright. My setup also used a lightning 90mm maf and 42 # inj. w/o the FMU. Also the air to air is a nice feature for a street driver, SHM makes a pretty nice piece if you choose to go that route.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts