Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting another Mustang (sold last one) with forced induction and really am leaning towards turbo. Most of the V-8 turbo charged ones in my budget have sold but I came across a 1999 Mustang with a built 3.8 and turbo that runs a 12.6 in the 1/4. I won't be hard core racing just something to cruise in and suprise others with a sleeper appearance. While I have heard of SC the 3.8 I never ran across a turbo one. He said he didn't use a kit but customized the system for the car. What are the downsides with a 3.8 turbo vs the 5.0 (or 4.6) for a weekend cruiser?

Thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
never ran into a turbo v6 but I do love the 2.3 turbos if your looking for a sleeper a 5.0 or 4.6 make very little sound when driving with a muffler even with it dumped. My car you would never know it has one until I step on it

·
Registered
108 Posts
it takes a lot more money with a turbo v6 than say a v8 with bolt-ons. However with a proper setup and enuff money the v6 can be made to go quite fast.... mine makes 600+, i know a few other cars that are also making in the 600+ range as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts