Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A used On3 kit with the base turbo and stainless hot-side just came up for sale around my area. The kit was mounted on the car but allegedly never ran outside of the garage. If this checks out, it's basically an unused kit.

I was planning on buying a new On3 kit in a few weeks, but if I could save several hundred dollars by buying the older stainless version that would certainly help the overall cost of the build.

What's the overall consensus with the stainless headers? Are the failures few and far between, fairly common? Am I better off buying the new mild steel kit for longevity's sake?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Call On3 and ask them if they'd sell you a set of mild steel headers to replace the ss. Then you'll know how much, worst case scenario, you'd have to spend in the future. If its anything like my turbo car, it'll spend more time on jackstands than on the street anyway. The cheapest stainless headers made would last a lifetime sitting in my garage....

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good point.

My car isn't' a daily driver either. I would be nice to free up some cash for the other incidentals involved in a turbo build (tuning comes to mind).

·
Registered
608 Posts
A few hundo and worth it used. Plus if u buy new from on3 you'll be getting it packaged all nice and neat. It just seems easier with things that have alot of little parts imo. But I'm anal.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Ill be getting my kit out an posting it for sale its a mild steal mp turbo... aem wide band... autometer boost gauge...y pipe on3 heat wrap an etc...oh an mass air pmas an 60 injectors all this iteam have about 50 or so miles like NEW..

·
Registered
608 Posts
Ill be getting my kit out an posting it for sale its a mild steal mp turbo... aem wide band... autometer boost gauge...y pipe on3 heat wrap an etc...oh an mass air pmas an 60 injectors all this iteam have about 50 or so miles like NEW..
WHAT? Why? U put so much work into it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would buy new you have no idea if there are any issues with the turbo. I would take to instal it all and find out the turbo has a blown seal or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts