Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running this on a street/strip car?

Your impressions/opinions please.

And what rear springs would be best for this setup?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I'm using the pro series suspension on my car and it works great. The car is my daily driver and obviously sees a lot of strip abuse as well. With the solid bushings it will be harsher on the street than stock bushings and a little noisier but not bad at all.

Rear springs really depend. I haven't found the perfect spring yet, for a while I've been using stock fox body springs but they are now too soft and the rear squats too much. I plan on trying some firmer springs to get the car to move forward instead of up.

Bill

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I'm using the pro uppers and street lowers. I highly recommend them, although you'll probably want the solid bushing lowers. I've heard that 94GT rear springs are good to use, I'm still using the stockers though and they work fine for me.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Ill be getting The Double Adjustable Uppers and the standard lowers with the spherical Bearings installed next week...My buddy has these on his 99GT and he cuts consitant 1.7 1.8 60' times on Drag Radials...

My other friend with a 90Gt has the whole pro series rear setup and Cuts 1.6 60' times on 15 inch Nittos. He also has 463 rwhp so that might help a bit

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill (Mustang92),

Car looks great off the starting line, what 60ft times are you pulling? And if you don't mind, what suspension setup are you running in the front?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Ron99Cobra said:
Bill (Mustang92),

Car looks great off the starting line, what 60ft times are you pulling? And if you don't mind, what suspension setup are you running in the front?

Thanks
Thanks. Currently I'm pulling 1.68-1.71 60 foots but before my intake swap I was in the 1.64 - 1.68 range. This is due to more power and my springs transfering too much weight. Soon as I get the right springs out back I expect to be in the 1.62 - 1.66 range.

Up front I'm running fox body 4 cyl springs and Lakewood 70/30 Drag Struts this is all with the stock K-member.

Bill

·
Registered
335 Posts
while we are talking about suspension setups, do any of you run a drag rear sway bar like the wolfe swaybar? How is this on the street? How is it on the strip on a mild car? I have around 600 to spend on my GT's suspension, thanks
Russ

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I have one but it's in my garage. I've been debating on wether or not it will help and or hurt my 60 foots at the track with such little power. I know in higher powered cars (300 +RWHP) it makes a difference. In my car that already hooks perfectly straight I don't think there would be much benefit.

As for streetability it would limit the side to side travel of the rear end so cornering would be very limited. I'll most likely put mine in soon but don't have any real world experience yet.

Bill

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Ron, I've got a BRAND NEW set of UPR PRO-Series lowers For Sale. E-mail me if interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts