Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of going with a upr Kmember kit but trying to figure out which spring rate would be best suited for my car. Its a HCI single T70 that makes a little north of 500/500. I will be running 90/10, 50/50 and eibach drag launch springs in the back with an airbag. I just weighed the car and it weighs 3100 lbs. The car will be used for mostly street use, but I race quite a bit. I'm leaning towards the 12" 200 lb spring. Any advice/input appricaited...

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
i went with 14" 175's and my car is heavier... youre car could get away with even lighter springs

that 12" spring is gonna be more of a street spring.

·
Registered
883 Posts
i use 14" 200's and 90/10's

drives fine

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I believe I read that Team Z was experiementing with 12 inch spring with good luck at the track.

·
Registered
429 Posts
It depends on what type of spring you'll be looking for, from a street standpoint are you
A. looking for a handling spring for the street.

B. looking for a weight transfer spring for the street.

Pat
UPR Products

·
Registered
305 Posts
i run a 14/130 drives fine on the street.

·
Registered
305 Posts
double post

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
UPR talked me into the 175lbs springs the first time around. Get the 130lbs springs. It drives on the street just fine and it makes a difference at the track.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The car will be mostly driven on the street, but I'm not afraid to sacrifice driveablility to make the thing hook on the street/track...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts