Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to get up a fair deal on a used upr k-member. Scoop it up or wait and buy a MM one?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I'd say it depends on your application. Are you wanting to competitively track/autocross the car? If not, then I see nothing wrong with a UPR piece for mild street car/occasional autocross usage.

A "deal" on a used UPR front end kit vs a "new" MM front end kit I imagine is quite substantial in the $$$$$ dept. ;)

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd say it depends on your application. Are you wanting to competitively track/autocross the car? If not, then I see nothing wrong with a UPR piece for mild street car/occasional autocross usage.

A "deal" on a used UPR front end kit vs a "new" MM front end kit I imagine is quite substantial in the $$$$$ dept. ;)

It is a mildly built street car that will see occasional autocross usage. Next fall I am planning on putting in a phb & ta. IDK, it's not the greatest deal I'm gonna sit on it. I don't think it's going anywhere. And the cars getting real close to being done, I don't wanna go tearing back into it.

Other than weight savings, what am I gonna gain with the UPR?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only things I noticed is the lca mounts don't look like they are gonna handle any lateral loading.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts