Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
2.5" springs are 2.5" springs, so you can use whatever you want - Hypercoil, SSS, Eibach, Swift, etc.

I would tend to go with the higher spring rate if you plan to track it, but I don't know what rate the STR.T dampers will support. (MM says they're not recommended for coil-overs.)

·
Super Moderator
27,652 Posts
The springs will fit the sleeves, but last I knew, UPR uses one sleeve dimension sized fit over all struts even though there are two basic strut diameters out there. When people complain their coilovers are noisy, it's invariably because they're using kits with one-size-fits-none sleeves.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Front spring rate all depends on what you have going on in the rear and how serious you want to get.

Also, I agree with MFE. UPR stuff is going to rattle, I bet. I'd keep an eye out for a used MM or Griggs coil-over setup, they can be found on corner carvers from time to time. I got my Griggs front setup for $60 or $80 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
27,652 Posts
"C" springs aren't likely to cure a too-low condition unless it's already riding on the bumpstops IMO

·
Super Moderator
27,652 Posts
Because in 20 years here I've never once heard anybody say "Yay, C springs raised my car back up" but I couldn't count how many times I've seen "C springs too low, what now?" They're notoriously low and you're going to go to a lot of trouble changing them. New isolators might be the ticket you need but they'll squish eventually.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.