Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running the MSPNP2 on my 92. I had the car tuned and the tuner used his laptop for the work. I have the program installed on my laptop at home and I want to know how to upload his tune without screwing it up. The tune is not locked.

Another question, does the PNP work with PLX afr?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
For downloading the ECU file, you create a new project file for this ecu in tunerstudio (if you haven't already), connect the ecu, power it up, and you'll see a window pop up called "difference report". It will ask if you want to save the tune that is already in the ECU or the tune that is in your laptop (untuned), so you'll want to use what is in the ECU. This will download the tune to your laptop where you can go to File>Save Tune As. Name it something like "Tuner #1 4.4.2019" Or something that you'll recognize later. That file will be saved in My Documents>Tunerstudio Projects>*folder with project name*. There will also be a file called "current tune" which at this time will be the same. Current Tune is always the last thing you did in Tunerstudio. If you go and monkey with the tune and save it, current tune will be overwritten with these changes. It's usually best to "save as" to create backup files that you can revert to in case you mess the tune up.

Question: Is the PLX wideband already connected to the ECU? It will need a wideband to run closed loop fueling calculations but i want to know if you're trying to install a different one than is currently installed, or if it was tuned with a different one.

If you had say an AEM that the tuner used, then wanted to install a different wideband, it will throw the tune off so you have to recalibrate things in Tunerstudio (presumably after you've done the above saving process).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For downloading the ECU file, you create a new project file for this ecu in tunerstudio (if you haven't already), connect the ecu, power it up, and you'll see a window pop up called "difference report". It will ask if you want to save the tune that is already in the ECU or the tune that is in your laptop (untuned), so you'll want to use what is in the ECU. This will download the tune to your laptop where you can go to File>Save Tune As. Name it something like "Tuner #1 4.4.2019" Or something that you'll recognize later. That file will be saved in My Documents>Tunerstudio Projects>*folder with project name*. There will also be a file called "current tune" which at this time will be the same. Current Tune is always the last thing you did in Tunerstudio. If you go and monkey with the tune and save it, current tune will be overwritten with these changes. It's usually best to "save as" to create backup files that you can revert to in case you mess the tune up.

Question: Is the PLX wideband already connected to the ECU? It will need a wideband to run closed loop fueling calculations but i want to know if you're trying to install a different one than is currently installed, or if it was tuned with a different one.

If you had say an AEM that the tuner used, then wanted to install a different wideband, it will throw the tune off so you have to recalibrate things in Tunerstudio (presumably after you've done the above saving process).
Thank you for the help. The tuner did not use my afr, so maybe now is not the time to plug mine in.

It's time to start learning. First issue is the warm start.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Thank you for the help. The tuner did not use my afr, so maybe now is not the time to plug mine in.

It's time to start learning. First issue is the warm start.
You should wire your wideband up but you need to calibrate the settings on your ECU so it can interpret your wideband data properly. This is a very easy process. I never recommend driving/tuning without the wideband installed/calibrated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts