Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the deal, built the car over a period of many years and its making decent power, figuring 465-480hp this last year. we saw 9-10psi max but it should be hitting 14. never ran it with meth spraying so this next year we should be seeing somewhere around 550rwhp.

Still running a stock shortblock, T5, and 4 lug 28 spline rear end. Everything is good now but havnt ran on sticky tires and dont powershift

Now i see that im definately pushing the limits of stock components, what would you upgrade first and why?

Wish i could afford to do it all at once. For tranny ill probably go t56 magnum
It will get pushed more once i upgrade the drivetrain and add a cage, there is a dart shortblock and more boost in the future, 800fwhp is probably realistic.

Is a factory 31 spline gonna be alright with some decent axles? Its not a drag car but i would like a set of 26" et streets on a spare set of rims for trips to the drag strip on occasion, but mostly a street car,

·
Registered
299 Posts
The rear end is a good place, that was the first thing to go at the strip on radials when I increased power over 500whp. 31 spline axles and yukon carrier with a tko trans have lasted fine. At the time I had a 331 with a blower and the main caps were chattering at that level. Next item was the engine (i went the 351 route),then cooling, then the fuel system.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Heres the deal, built the car over a period of many years and its making decent power, figuring 465-480hp this last year. we saw 9-10psi max but it should be hitting 14. never ran it with meth spraying so this next year we should be seeing somewhere around 550rwhp.

Still running a stock shortblock, T5, and 4 lug 28 spline rear end. Everything is good now but havnt ran on sticky tires and dont powershift

Now i see that im definately pushing the limits of stock components, what would you upgrade first and why?

Wish i could afford to do it all at once. For tranny ill probably go t56 magnum
It will get pushed more once i upgrade the drivetrain and add a cage, there is a dart shortblock and more boost in the future, 800fwhp is probably realistic.

Is a factory 31 spline gonna be alright with some decent axles? Its not a drag car but i would like a set of 26" et streets on a spare set of rims for trips to the drag strip on occasion, but mostly a street car,
Trans upgrage (t56, tko, a5 etc), 31 spl tracloc, 31spline axles, alum driveshaft. Forget the et street, get the et drags.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts