Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started a thread a little while ago about upgrading the rear to cobra brakes. it can be found here. http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?p=8810110#post8810110

so heres the update. the DTC-60's on the front were a little weird to get used to. the first tap on the brakes and it would really quick, for like a milisecond, lock up the fronts. you could hear the screech, but then the pads would loose that initial bite and you could really squeeze on the brakes. i think they are a little over kill for my car rite now (i run on street tires). the cobra rears seemed to help a little but i got a bum left side that locked up on me. so i went thru a set a pads in about a half hour and it coocked the rotor. the right side was fine. so i spent a good part of the afternoon acquiring pads, a rotor, and a caliper and putting them on. after that, all was good. i wish i had a good time comparison from the HPS's that wore out in about 4 hours, 2 hours of which the track was wet, to the DTC'60's but there were too many variables. i got i'd say a good honest hour and a half of hard runs on the pads and they didn't wear too much. so the initial cost of the DTC 60's is about twice as much, but i'll estimate them to last 3 times as long. that is all for now.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah. at track speeds. they are find driving around normal. but when i first get on the brakes real hard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts