Ford Mustang Forums banner

81 - 100 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
11,078 Posts
how do you figure i changed them around?
It must've been past my bed time, sorry about that. I have no idea why the previous owner was running a .38 fuel jet, but under normal circumstances the .42 jet is correct for the 125, 150, and 175 shot on the fuel side with the 5115 kit. Nonetheless, if you want to switch the jets, it will be a 50 shot.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I'm thinking about grabbing this kit. I been reading posts and sticky's on here and think I could benefit from a 125-150shot (100hp). I've been weary about using nitrous just b/c of having to always fill bottles, but since I currently do not have money to drop on a SC I might just have to go through with it for awhile. Especially if I get a nice used kit off a fellow Corraler.

My current Engine/Drivetrain/Tire set up is: Stock 302 block, H/C/I (AFR 165's, Ed Curtis custom cam, Edelbrock performer intake - lower ported by TMOSS), 1" TrickFlow intake spacer, MAC fenderwall intake, 75MM BBK TB and EGR, 30# Red top injectors, Kirban Regulator with Autometer Fuel gauge, MAC LT headers and Prochamber, 40 series flowmaster 2.5" cat back to Flomaster LX pipes, Spec 6 puck clutch, TKO 500 5spd, FRPP Alum drive shaft, 3.73's and HOOSIER 8" slicks on 15" welds.

What do you all think? I always thought a wet kit was where it's at but it seems like this dry kit works well for all.....

·
Registered
11,078 Posts
I'm thinking about grabbing this kit. I been reading posts and sticky's on here and think I could benefit from a 125-150shot (100hp). I've been weary about using nitrous just b/c of having to always fill bottles, but since I currently do not have money to drop on a SC I might just have to go through with it for awhile. Especially if I get a nice used kit off a fellow Corraler.

My current Engine/Drivetrain/Tire set up is: Stock 302 block, H/C/I (AFR 165's, Ed Curtis custom cam, Edelbrock performer intake - lower ported by TMOSS), 1" TrickFlow intake spacer, MAC fenderwall intake, 75MM BBK TB and EGR, 30# Red top injectors, Kirban Regulator with Autometer Fuel gauge, MAC LT headers and Prochamber, 40 series flowmaster 2.5" cat back to Flomaster LX pipes, Spec 6 puck clutch, TKO 500 5spd, FRPP Alum drive shaft, 3.73's and HOOSIER 8" slicks on 15" welds.

What do you all think? I always thought a wet kit was where it's at but it seems like this dry kit works well for all.....
You won't be disappointed if you go with the 5115 stage II kit. You have plenty of mods to support it, and you'll have a very nice power and torque gain.

·
Registered
929 Posts
forgot to mention I have a 190 full pump installed, might upgrade later...

Thanks lone sailor. I will look into and research more on the 05115-2.

Is the only difference with the 05115 and 05115-2 kit the fact that the -2 kit has a bigger jet to push out more HP and the fuel pump or..... SCHOOL ME on that :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hey everyone, I don't have an 05115 kit but I have the slightly modified version (99+ cars) so I am almost positive that you all can answer my question. I have a fuel return-style fuel system on my 99 GT (Weldon 600A pump, Weldon adjustable regulator, 60lb injectors). I wanna run a 175 shot. What jets am I gonna need? How many steps colder of plug should I get? Any other suggestions? Thanks!
-Kyle

·
Registered
11,078 Posts
forgot to mention I have a 190 full pump installed, might upgrade later...

Thanks lone sailor. I will look into and research more on the 05115-2.

Is the only difference with the 05115 and 05115-2 kit the fact that the -2 kit has a bigger jet to push out more HP and the fuel pump or..... SCHOOL ME on that :)

You basically have the ability to spray 175 right out of the box. The 190 will probably be okay, but I always like to see the 255 high pressure pump(GSS340) installed, especially on the dry kits.

·
Registered
11,078 Posts
Hey everyone, I don't have an 05115 kit but I have the slightly modified version (99+ cars) so I am almost positive that you all can answer my question. I have a fuel return-style fuel system on my 99 GT (Weldon 600A pump, Weldon adjustable regulator, 60lb injectors). I wanna run a 175 shot. What jets am I gonna need? How many steps colder of plug should I get? Any other suggestions? Thanks!
-Kyle
I would absolutely run a 2 step colder plug with that size shot. I would call NOS for the jetting and see what they recommend. They will probably be conservative, but they should at least be able to give you a starting point. I don't have any notes on anyone running the 5115 with 60's so I can't help you there.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I have the stage one kit with the 75hp jets. Today I am ordering the jets for the 100shot. I have hyper pistons and NOS said to keep the shot under 125. I was thinking I might order the jets for the 125shot and then use a progressive controller to limit the overall shot to around 115. Any thoughts on this? I am using a light clutch (king cobra) since I am running a 351w with aluminum heads and a t5 z spec trans. I am getting the car tuned next week for this new setup and I have a SCT chip to burn the tunes to.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the stage one kit with the 75hp jets. Today I am ordering the jets for the 100shot. I have hyper pistons and NOS said to keep the shot under 125. I was thinking I might order the jets for the 125shot and then use a progressive controller to limit the overall shot to around 115. Any thoughts on this? I am using a light clutch (king cobra) since I am running a 351w with aluminum heads and a t5 z spec trans. I am getting the car tuned next week for this new setup and I have a SCT chip to burn the tunes to.
You actually have the ability to run a 125 shot with the base 5115 kit, just swap the N20 jet for the Fuel jet and add the shim to the fuel Solenoid regulator. I wouldn't go any higher than that with the Hypers personally.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Question??? I have a turbo'd 347 making 8 psi. making 595 HP to the wheels. I have all the goodies on it to make huge power, dart block, A1000 pump and lines,rails and injectors 75's. with an Anderson PMS...
Do I need to run the tee to the regulator even if I have big injectors and a PMS? I was thinking of piecing together a home made dry unit from stuff I have already.
I dont have any power shot solenoids, all I have is a Fogger Solenoid, and a NOS soft plume nozzel for port fogger system(wet). I was thinking of capping off the fuel side and just run it dry with #-6 bottle line and -4 feed line to the nozzel.
Will it work? If so, what nos jet do you think will get me 75 HP? I was thinking of starting with a #50....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
This thread is about dry nitrous systems, not foggers.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Question??? I have a turbo'd 347 making 8 psi. making 595 HP to the wheels. I have all the goodies on it to make huge power, dart block, A1000 pump and lines,rails and injectors 75's. with an Anderson PMS...
Do I need to run the tee to the regulator even if I have big injectors and a PMS? I was thinking of piecing together a home made dry unit from stuff I have already.
I dont have any power shot solenoids, all I have is a Fogger Solenoid, and a NOS soft plume nozzel for port fogger system(wet). I was thinking of capping off the fuel side and just run it dry with #-6 bottle line and -4 feed line to the nozzel.
Will it work? If so, what nos jet do you think will get me 75 HP? I was thinking of starting with a #50....
The pms has provisions for a nitrous activated fuel table. You can run the set up just like you plan too. I would start smaller on the n2o jet in the .020's-.030's until you get things figured out. I picked up 80 hp and 280 ft pounds on a .042 on a 347 s trim set up. Made over 600 rear wheel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
im AFU....AFU=All F*#@ UP!

i have the same kit and i made it a stage 2 by upgrading the pump and buyin a couple new jets. I made a mistake by not changing the fuel jet and leaving the 59 jet and just changing the nos jet to a 55 thinking it was going to be a 125 shot being that the 55 jet is a 125 shot according to the edelbrock jet chart. It was running fine for a bit then after about 7 passes it started to buck and it hasnt ran right on spray since. Even with a 75 shot it would kinda surge on and off with power. I ran autolite 23's at .35 gap with 8 initial timing, 50psi fuel pressure and 110 fuel. Is it possible i may need a shim? My 19lb injectors not enough? I also left my distributor spout clip unplugged on accident after i set my timing before the first time i used it when i ran it at the track. then i noticed it was unplugged and it seemed to run worse with it plugged in......kinda strange. what size shot would a 59 fuel and 55 nos be on 19lb injectors?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you for the information on the 05115 NOS kit. Very useful and educational. I learned a lot. You answered pretty much every question I ever had about running a dry setup.

·
Registered
256 Posts
nice info for sure! i run this kit on my 91lx and have had great luck with it. i'm thinking of adding the nano kit to it also. i run a 150hp shot right now with 11.60 et's in the 1/4 mile with a 302!

81 - 100 of 150 Posts