Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock bushings on the upper control arm to body side are going to need replacing on my 1995 GT.

NPD sells these bushings and I know there is a MOOG part number as well. They are listed for Fox and SN cars.

https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/mustang_bushing_rear_control_arm_upper-164903-6001.html

I know the SN cars have the harder rubber bushings and I'm wondering if the aftermarket bushings are the harder ones or the same ones that were FOX issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
My guess is that they are all the same and probably the latest version.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess is that they are all the same and probably the latest version.
That's what I was thinking.

MM sells upper arms that are supposed to be the same as the M-5500-A. I believe those were just regular SN upper arms FRPP was selling as an upgrade to Fox owners.

Would be nice to be able to buy the 2 bushings from NPD and save a significant amount of $$$

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
That's what I was thinking.

MM sells upper arms that are supposed to be the same as the M-5500-A. I believe those were just regular SN upper arms FRPP was selling as an upgrade to Fox owners.

Would be nice to be able to buy the 2 bushings from NPD and save a significant amount of $$$
You are correct.I bought quite a few UCAs until I went TA.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I believe all the aftermarket upper control arm bushings are the same durometer as the SN95 bushings now. When I bought some from Ford years ago, they only sold the bushings in SN95 durometer.

To my knowledge, the softer fox bushings are no longer available anywhere.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe all the aftermarket upper control arm bushings are the same durometer as the SN95 bushings now. When I bought some from Ford years ago, they only sold the bushings in SN95 durometer.

To my knowledge, the softer fox bushings are no longer available anywhere.

Good to know, I'll ordering some soon!

:smile2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts