Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a couple "spoiler pics" of where my twin turbo Bullitt buildup has taken me. This build started as a Dart 347 as some of you may have seen in my other thread:
http://forums.corral.net/forums/member-build-up-projects/1318722-twin-turbo-2001-bullitt-build-pics.html

A change of heart and the desire to explore the potential of the LS platform has landed me in this section of the forum. I have replaced the carb'd 347 with a stock bottom end 6.0 (LQ4) with CNC ported LS3 heads, and a turbo cam. The turbos themselves are the same billet Precision 6765's from the other combo. The fuel and ignition is now handled by a Holley Dominator EFI system. If anyone is interested in seeing the build process that got me here, let me know and I'll start posting up pics of the process.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
NICE!!

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Beautiful. How much of the Dominator are you using other than what is offered in their HP?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the kind words guys. Alot of fab work went into this car believe it or not. As far as the Dominator, I wanted a dual channel wideband, and the additional I/O's make adding additional sensors and actuators much easier as future upgrades are added. (I change things around and add things a lot!) In other words, I saw alot of guys that were sorry they didnt spend the extra up front for the Dominator, so I just went with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went with the Dominator for the same reason. Gives lots of options and room to grow. I also got the racepak Iq3 dash to go with.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Thanks for the kind words guys. Alot of fab work went into this car believe it or not. As far as the Dominator, I wanted a dual channel wideband, and the additional I/O's make adding additional sensors and actuators much easier as future upgrades are added. (I change things around and add things a lot!) In other words, I saw alot of guys that were sorry they didnt spend the extra up front for the Dominator, so I just went with it.
That is what I figured. I have been eye'ing a Dominator also for mine. Every time I slip and look at the HP, I want the extra I/Os to monitor every thing all in one.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
still running the exhaust if the fenders? have any videos of it running

·
Registered
555 Posts
nice

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
sounds good...I was contemplating borrowing your exhaust idea and wanted to get an idea of how it sounds lol

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That was not the best vid. On a cold start it sounds pretty pissed. Its not too loud unless you're in front of a cop, then it seems alot louder, lol.... It sounds very good cruising down the road at rpm. You can hear alot of turbo spool as well. Adding the mufflers reduced my total allowable front suspension travel, but depending on your ride height it may not be an issue. The spoolup sounds were louder without the mufflers as well. You MUST use some kind of shielding with this setup because the tops of the fenders will get so hot you cant touch them. I wanted a compact, lightweight exhaust that did not affect ground clearance, and this setup delivers. I just wanted you to know of the issues I encountered with mine.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
yea im trying to figure out all my options before I make the change. im trying out a race bullet tomorrow to see how it will sound.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No power numbers yet guys.... I've only been around the block a few times letting the self tune do its thing. I've got a VERY safe tune in it and running 87 octane straight out of the lawnmower. lol..... Did one trans brake launch just to ensure the 2-3 steps and all ecu related inputs/outputs are working. So far its been very smooth. The stall is leftover from my old blower car and its a bit tight for spooling the turbos, but it will still muster 5 lbs at 3700 on the t-brake. The gates have 7 lb. Springs and im actually seeing 10 lbs max. ( no boost control yet) Yes, my intention is to run meth injection, as the Holley ECU has a pretty comprehensive set of features for that. I'll post up some more media ASAP. Thanks guys.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts