Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 88 mustang and putting a twin turbo kit on it. I almost have it done except a few loose ends but here is where i am needing ur guys help. Its a Ebay t3/t4 set up. Please don't down the kit just needing help haha

1. i am running -3 an line for the turbo inlet. Now for the outlet i know i can punch the oil pan and tap it. but the question is what drain do i run. I was just goona run 3/8ths oil cooler line but i see every one is running -10 -12s mostly! Y i would think the 3/8ths line would out flow a -3 any how so y need bigger. Can i get away with this.

2. does anyone have any pics of there external wastegates. Also i am needing the vaccum lines diagram for the bov and the twin wastegates. Plus what vaccum lines go to the boost gate

3. how does the v-band clamps work. any Pics!! i just learned about it.

4. I have dei exhust wrap. Exactly what wll do i need to wrap. I also know i need plug wire insulators. Do i use the DEI silcone spray. I am but just wanna get reassurance haha

5. what size down pipes do i need to run. I want 3 inch downpipes reduced to 2.5 piping to x-pipe to slp loudmouths. hell yeah

6. any thing i need to know before start up also what plugs are u guys ruuning in ur cars. I got autolites 3923 will they be okay

7. I am gonna switch to 42lb ford racing injectors. i am thinking about running a 90 mm lightning. Or would it be best to justto call granatelli and get a blow thru 90 mm off them.

Guys sorry for the long post just needing some help here. My car went 11.90's on the bottle. i have always ran nitrous. I am a Turbo Virgin haha.

Any pics will help also. Sorry for the long post just ahve some questions.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Well you can run that exhaust if you want, but if the turbo's only have say a 2.5 Inch outlet you gotta start with that. 10 An drain is what i'm running. Wrap the down pipes, some people wrap the primaries on the headers. Soak the wrap first it makes it easier. As far as the the v-band put the pipe flanges together so they are flush put the clamp over them and tighten.

·
Registered
468 Posts
i have what i imagine is the same kit on my 94. if you wanna keep your power brakes 2 1/2" is gonna be the limit, 2 1/4" will give your exhaust guy some room to play with.
i run 3/8" line for my return and seems to be fine. i can get pics of the wastegates if you need. vac line setup is pretty simple, a line from manifold that splits and goes to both wastegates, if your running a MBC just put it in that line prior to where it splits

·
Registered
709 Posts
1. Run a -3 feed to the turbos, -10 MINIMUM return. Run anything smaller and you risk blowing the seals out in the turbo quickly becasue of drain back issues. Anyone that tells you different doesn't have first hand experience.

2. Check witht eh mfg of your wg or bov, you can go to tials website and they have everything listed as pdf for routing.

4. I'm not a big fan fo the wrap. I've used it, it doesn't last, and it breaks down pretty quickly. However if you're dead set on using it you want to wrap your headers, crossover and maybe wahtever portion of dp that is exposed in the engnie bay. I coated my hotside and i'll never run anything else now. If you have the cash it's the best route imo.

5. 3" to 2.5 will work but is prob unecessary work. Run 2.5 back to the 2.5 and it'll be easier. Only run the 3" if you plan on keeping 3" all the way back. I run a SINGLE 3" off my t67 to dual 2.5. You'll be fine with dual 2.5.

6. Get a tune on the car. 90% of turbo mustangs break after people pour money into every component then cheap out on a tune. Unless you enjoy changing headgaskets you should make an appt with a local tuner and have it tuned before you even think about beating on the car.

7. 42's and bt should be fine. I'm not a big fan of using a maf on boosted cars, but you may want to check out the build pages on turbomustangs.com and see what some of the other guys are running for setups. IMHO I can't stand using stock computer to control something it wasn't meant to, it's pretty hack. For the price of megasquirt, and even used stand alones I don't see why anyone wouldn't go stand alone. For what you spend on a MAF and then someone to tune the car after every change you cuold save upfront by doing it right the first time. TUNE is the most important thing for a turbo car.

If you don't have a wideband yet, get one before you think of driving the car. Knowing if it's rich or lean will keep you from blowing the thing up or causing damage. 200 buck wb02 will go a long way in keepnig your turbo car running reliable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts