Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im starting a twin turbo build on my 95 and im looking for some ideas on where to mount the turbos and and run the exhaust ,

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
There are a few twin turbo cars on here. PM me with your email and I will send you some pics of mine. They are likely disappeared from the engine bay post since the corral nixed its photo gallery.

My setup uses flipped stock shorties that bring the cold side of the turbos into the fenderwells. The exhaust down pipe is on the inside towards the engine and goes under the shorties.

I am starting a second generation setup that puts the air filter side facing forwards with the turbos much closer to the collector on the headers. After about 5 years of running, my original setup got some stress cracks in the top of the pipe from the headers to the turbos. Part of that is the mild steel aluminized pipe that I used to build it. Version 2.0, will be stainless. We shall see how hard that is to work with.
ERich

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
here is some of mine. twin 66`s 331 stroker. 903 rwhp @ 24lbs ran out of injector
so i`m expecting higher #`s over the winter.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts

My current setup-minus the paint job
Erich

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Here are some shots where you can see the exhaust piping
Erich

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ok, so I just noticed that that pic was before I build a tensioner for the alternator or buttoned up a few small things - but you get the idea haha.

·
Registered
101 Posts
here is some of mine. twin 66`s 331 stroker. 903 rwhp @ 24lbs ran out of injector
so i`m expecting higher #`s over the winter.

That sounds bad ass. What injector are you at now?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
That sounds bad ass. What injector are you at now?
I have 83`s in it right now. I`m going to 160lbs over the winter, i`m also
gonna take the classic fast system out and put in a new xfi w/ traction control.

·
Registered
575 Posts
My own custom build,Ford racing Boss block with DSS 331 stroker kit,Ford racing Z heads, F cam, twin 57 trims, SVT Contour fan,Full 3'' exhaust. This is on a car we finished a 2 year build on in July, 1984 ttop coupe.

·
Registered
196 Posts

Flipped shorty headers, turbos are behind the foglights.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts